Friday, September 5, 2008

In 1951, when I was eight years old, I had a big wart in the joint of my big toe. It hurt to walk on it so my parents took me to the doctor to have it removed. He sat down with me and explained that, at that time, they didn't know what caused warts, however, it seemed that some strange "traditional methods" often worked. He felt that what the mind believed, could directly effect results. What he called the psychosomatic effect, the mind influencing illness or afflictions for good or making them worse depending on the persons' mind set. He told me that he believed about 75% of all sickness was psychosomatic, including things like most headaches, warts, etc. After explaining this to my eight year old mind, he then took me in and dug out the wart. The pain cemented his words into my mind. Shortly thereafter, I contracted the mumps and suffered a terrific headache. I remembered what the doctor said and decided that I would never have another headache, and I never have.When I was fifteen, I began to have panic attacks. They were frightening and embarrassing. In those days, doctors didn't know what they were and called them seizures. None of them knew how to treat them. Then at seventeen, they went away and didn't return until I was twenty-two. During that time many different kinds of doctors tried to help, with little beneficial effect. One doctor asked me to come with him while he investigated the claims of an old Apache medicine man who was causing quite a stir in the area where he was practicing his brand of medicine with cancer patients. We spent several days listening to scores of people tell us amazing stories of how this medicine man had cured their cancers after regular doctors had given up on curing them. He accomplished this through proper diet and an herbal drink. He alone knew the formula of the herbs he used to cause these amazing healings and refused to share it with anyone. He died taking the knowledge with him.However, proper diet made sense to me, and the use of herbs awakened in me a desire to know more. Using the things I have learned in caring for my large family over the years, I have learned the value of proper diet, natural foods and herbs in promoting good health. In fact, I took a drug for 23 years to control my panic attacks until I discovered a natural product that controls them better than the drug did. I have not taken the drug since 1995.Medicine has made remarkable advancements over the years and it would be foolish not to take advantage of this knowledge for our benefit. However, sometimes it seems that proper diet and the abandonment of things like herbs and natural methods that were effective in the past in favor of artificial drugs with questionable results and that have all kinds of detrimental side effects seems equally foolish to me. I have practiced a pattern of trying the natural, or homeopathic cure, with no side effects, first. If the results are not beneficial then the modern drug next. It has served me and my family well. I believe that the internet provides a wonderful opportunity to pass on the things I have learned to help others by providing products that I find that will help the sufferer heal. I am not a doctor and don't claim to diagnose or cure anyone. I only desire to offer what makes good common sense in the belief that you will benefit from these inexpensive products. Recently, through the internet, I found a product that I believe to be truly amazing in it's overall benefit. I have centered this product on my health web site, as well as others that I will hope be of service.
To view products for a healthy lifestyle that I am pleased to sponsor visit: http://www.gracedynamics.org/

No comments: